Our Programmes & Services
The Girls Club offers a range of voluntary services to Club members. Our programmes and services are updated or added to regularly - see below for the latest information or click here for the "Timetable of Meetings, Classes & Workshops" already in place and confirmed. Sign up to our Mailing List (for email updates), 'like' our Facebook page and/or check our website regularly for the most up-to-date information.
Programmes & Services in Place from 8th February 2012
- Club Meetings - Meetings will be held regularly for all Club members. Meetings are informal and will include information nights on various topics including health, beauty and lifestyle. Check out our "Timetable of Meetings, Classes & Workshops" for regular updates.
- Drop-in Centre - If you need to chat or a quiet place to get away from your stresses, our homely and relaxing Drop-in Centre on the first floor is for you. Open from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday, pop in when you want, make yourself and cup of tea and just relax. Books are available from our library to read or you can just chat with other members who are around. No appointment necessary. (Please note that the Drop-in Centre opening days/hours may be subject to change).
- Wig & Scarf Bank - Available by appointment, you can try out and take home our wigs and scarves which have been kindly donated (and most of which have never been worn). Privacy and discretion assured. [Please note that if you wish to donate wigs for to our Wig Bank contact the Club directly on 021-4949090 or firstname.lastname@example.org].
Programmes & Services
- Holistic Therapy Sessions - We offer free therapy sessions to our Club Members from a variety of experienced, highly qualified and fully insured volunteer therapists. Therapies offered at the Centre are Mind Detox, Emotional Freedom Techniques, Integrated Healing, Integrated Energy Therapy, Reflexology, Aromatherapy Massage, Life Coaching and much, much more! These sessions are free (although a charitable donation to the Club's fund would always be much appreciated). All sessions must be pre-booked in advance with the Club. Contact us directly to find out what times/days each therapy is available and how to book a session.
- Counselling - Free individual and family counselling sessions are available to Club Members. Contact us directly to find out when these sessions are available and how to book.
- Courses & Classes - From zumba and salsa lessons to relaxation classes and yoga, we organise a variety of morning and evening classes for our members throughout the year. Please click here for the latest timetable. Reduced fees or donations may apply for some classes - contact the Club directly for more details.
- Afternoon, Evening & Weekend Workshops - A variety of workshops will be held throughout the year. These will include practical workshops where you can learn how to paint with oils as well as learning about Stress Reduction & Relaxation Techniques, E.F.T., Nutrition and much much more. Reduced entry fees for members will apply. Click here for the latest upcoming workshops.
- Film Club - A film club will be set up and run by volunteers which will be open to members and non-members alike. Reduced fees for members will apply - all donations to go directly to the Club's fund.
- Walking Club - A walking club has been set up whereby Club Members can meet at the Club (or other pre-arranged locations around the City) for morning and evening walks. Get some fresh air, improve your fitness levels and have fun chatting with friends at the same time! Hi-viz vests and carry bags available from the Club or bring your own. Fees do not apply. Click here to view the timetable to find out when the walks are on.
- And much much more!